Saturday, December 15, 2007

Rest and X-Mas Trek

Ahhh! ......Saturday, rest day! ..NO Training!! Yippy!! ...... :-)
It's my anniversary today. Joanne and I were married 28 years ago today. It was a bright sunny warm day in Toronto, the temperature was a balmy 50F for our wedding, with a snow storm brewing for the next day.

Today 28 years later it is freezing cold, with the temp this morning at 8F -16c with a snow storm brewing for tomorrow....coincidence???

I left a bouquet of flowers in a vase and placed them on the kitchen table with a card for Joanne this morning. We both decided no presents for each other, but I bought her flowers anyways. Joanne said I'll get my present later tonight. Hmmm? I wonder what that could be? :-)

We then got ourselves ready for our trek to the tree farm to cut our own X-Mas tree.
My daughters Melissa and Victoria came along with us, my son didn't want to come this time.
We were meeting up with our friends Steve and Denice at there place. Every year we get together with them for this outing as a tradition. (they are from St Vincent in the Caribbean, and moved up here 13 years ago) We became quick friends with them when they moved up to Barrie, as a result of Victoria and there daughter Krissy connecting and becoming best friends.
Anyways we got to the farm and it was Freezing out!! .....It's one of the coldest days we have gone out for our tree over the years, Brrrrrrrr.
We all decide to make this a quick tree cutting trip and get back home as fast as we could.
Here are some pictures of our day.


The perfect tree.....
Have you hugged a tree lately?
Timber!!!!
Trimming off the excess....
Victoria got pushed down.....
Dragging the tree back.....
Getting the tree wrapped in the twiney machiney thingy...
Heading back to the car.
Some shots from inside the X-Mass Store....
Joanne wanted to buy this Angle, but for $70 buck??? I don't think so.
Some of the X-Mas trinkets they were selling

No comments: