Monday, December 10, 2007

Seeing Stars

I just spotted a comet!! .... I was sitting in my hot tub on this cold crisp night watching tv, with no wind and the steam rising straight up off the tub, I look up to the clear night sky during a commercial break on the tv gazing up at the stars.

As I looked up, I spot this cluster of brightness right above me. (My eyes being as bad as they are) I try focusing in to see what it is? but I can't, so I knock on the living room window above and behind me to get my wife's attention. She comes to the window and asks; "What do you want" ...I say; " pass me the binoculars through the widow" but the window screen won't slide over because it's frozen in, so she brings them around to the back door for me.

I quickly grab them soaking wet with my feet freezing to the ice on the ground and jump back into the hot tub.

I then focus in on the cluster of brightness and what do I see?? It's a frigging comet!! I think??

I heard a few weeks ago about some anomaly in the sky that was visible to the naked eye, but for got about it. Does it ever look cool!!

I tell my wife to come out an see!! she looks and says cool!! but as she was passing the binoculars to my daughter to look a shooting start comes zipping across the sky right at the bright blob cluster hitting the heart of it like a bulls eye before fading off. Again cool!! I'm not making this up!

If you look up into the clear sky facing west look up to 11 o'clock ( 7;30 - 8pm my time tomorrow or later tonight it will be farther down the horizon ) it looks like a blob of brightness. If you have binoculars or better yet telescope check it out.:D

Since I'm the first to see it in the night sky I get to name it right!!

I think I'll call it? .... Josef's comet!! hee hee hee!

Dang ! ! just found out someone saw it before me it's call the 17/P holmes... Geeez!

http://www.nightskyhunter.com/Sky%20Events%20Now.html check it out.

No comments: