Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's in the stars! With more star gazing!!

After yesterday's encounter with my comet, I read about this?.

Best Meteor Shower of 2007 Peaks Dec. 13

"What could be the best meteor display of the year will reach its peak on the night of Dec.13-14"
"The Geminid Meteors are usually the most satisfying of all the annual showers"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20071207/sc_space/bestmeteorshowerof2007peaksdec13


My Run and swim today;

I ran and swam. hee hee hee, I'm a funny guy!

Today I did running hill repeats. Yes! it can be done on the treadmill very easily. and it really builds the endurance by getting the old heart rate up into the red zone.

I started out with a steady 5.5mi/hr run for the first 30 min,, a nice easy pace for me with my heart rate around 140- 145bpm. I then brought the speed down to my 3.5mi/hr (walking speed for a me) then set the incline up to 3.0 . then I would walk 1 min on the incline then hit the interval button to bring me up to 5.5mi/hr and I would run on that incline for 2 min and then back to walking at 3.5 for 1 min. I did this for the next 30 min.
For a total run of 1hr on the mill.

This being the first time doing hill repeats since starting up my training? I didn't want to push it to hard, so I am starting at a easy uphill of 3.0 for the next little while before increasing the incline to a higher level, keeping in mind I will keep my speed at 5.5mi/hr as my max run speed doing hills in the future. ( no need to kill myself, I'm not working out to do the Olympics? I'm just training for a decent time at Ironman at Lake Placid. )

Then as usual I went down to the pool for a easy 500m cool down and fun swim.

I didn't do weight today.

That's it for today! Time to make dinner.......

Don't forget to look up!.....look waaaay up! and you might see some shooting stars!.......and don't forget to make a wish on it!. :-)

No comments: