Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Swim Cut Short OR Maybe I'll Teach?

This morning I was all ready and eager to get in a solid + 2000m swim.

I get to the pool, chat up the women lifeguards as usual before jumping in the water starting out on my swim. Today I thought I would do a straight 1000m free at race pace to see what kind of time I can pull off. So off I go, but not without the challenge of yet another session of water aerobics white water chop! and also having 3 other slower women in my lane that I had to lap every other length, but they were cool about it by stopping to let me by.

I finish my 1000m in a decent time that I'm happy with at this point in my training. It wasn't fast but not to slow either. What was it you ask? Well don't forget I'm still carrying a ton of weight but I did it in BLBLBLBLB min!.... hee hee hee! ...Ok! it was 17 and change min.

As I stopped at the wall the life guard was standing in front of me and says to me; "you know you only can swim until 10am this morning? there is a high school swim meet in the pool today" ...It was 9:50am at the time. So I say oh! ok, no problem.
So my swim was cut short!!

So I start chatted to the lifeguard, and asked when the new pool opens? so I can start doing some diving on the new boards! ( I miss diving and can't wait to get back into it!) It's been over 15 years since I've been on a board, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to dive normally anyways because of my foot? but I will give it a try!

As I said it's been 15 years without diving, but over those 15 years I still did a lot of trampoline! I have one in my yard that I have been bouncing and doing my flips and tricks on forever I even taught my kids some of the basics, but they never realy had the interest that I had with it. I have had a trampoline since I bought my first one when I was 16 when I got serious about my diving.

When I moved up here in Barrie 15 years ago I was hoping to continue my diving club and instruction up here but there were no diving boards around and the closest pool was to far to drive to, so I stopped diving and teaching. But since I had a trampoline I kept up a little with that over the years. It's like riding a bike when I jump on it. I still can do most of my flips and twists, but over the years and with the extra weight I carry, it is a little more difficult. hee hee ...huh!?...

Now Barrie has built it's third Rec center for the city and this time they put in a one meter and a three meter board. woo hoo! ( the last rec center? the pool I swim in now, was suppose to have boards put in, but was canceled at the last min because of cost cuts)...

As I said I'm excited about it, but I also learned that they won't be allowing the general public to use the 3 m board during public swims, only during diving lessons that the city will run.... Well as far as I know they don't have any instructors to teach diving in Barrie? let alone 3m diving?.....

This is where i come in! I have been thinking of resuming my diving instruction career. I do have the connections and know who to contact, but I'm not so sure on the time? ( I work evening shift and most programs are in the evenings ) And if I do start teaching again I will also want to start up a Diving club too! So if I can work out a deal with the city for pool time for a club, I would be willing to teach and run their dive program maybe on the weekends.

Sounds like a plan. But what about Triathlon?

I think there will always be tri's in my future? But all I can say at the moment is; I'm doing the best I can to train for my up coming races including IMLP/08, But! if my foot doesn't get better?!?!? It's good to know there might be something of interest for me to fall back into. ..... Hmmmmm???? :)

No comments: