Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Whats Cooking

Another bright and sunny day here today with the snow making machine well to the west of us today. We got lucky last night and didn't get the squalls called for as the wind Gods had them going straight off of Georgian Bay, with the edge of the streamer skimming the outer edge of Barrie, it is very ominous seeing the big grayish black clouds stretching North and South across the sky in the horizon, knowing that if the wind changes a bit to the east we could be getting the dumping of snow. But it didn't happen, so I'm happy!

This morning was very cold brrrrr, I had to get another bucket of warm water to pour over my windshield to defrost it before I could leave to go to the pool for my swim.

At the pool I swam a 1000m straight set, then did 10x100's on 1:35 with the first 25 of the 100 doing breast and the next 75 hard straight with 15 sec between set. total swim, another 2000m in the bank.


When I got home I had more coffee and made my breakfast, then started to bake up a batch of my world famous Chocolate Orange, chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. Yum! I had a container of my cookie dough in the fridge that I made a couple of weeks ago that I forgot about, so seemed like a good thing to do. Last night I spent time making one of my own formula power bars which make for a great snack or breakfast or for training. Yesterdays batch was a mix of oatmeal, bran flakes, raisins, almonds, cranberries and a few other things cooked up over the stove. again Yum!



Since my run yesterday my foot has been hurting, I can't put any pressure on my foot walking bare foot. I'm ok while in my shoes with the orthotics but still have pain. I might have to ease up on my running this week, and maybe not run at all. I will see how it feels tomorrow before my scheduled run.

No comments: