Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Boy am I tired and sore.

Well the snow squalls have stopped for the moment, and the sun is out, but don't fret! we are expecting another 10-30 cm from squall action later tonight. I had to dig a doggy path to Ambers Dog house after I finished shoveling the front drive.

First thing I did this morning when I got up was have my morning coffee, then I had to head out and shovel the end of the driveway, because the plow came by while I was having my coffee this morning. Uuughh!!

Yesterday I shoveled my driveway 4 times, and my back and foot is aching! My back from all the snow shoveling and throwing, and my foot from standing in my boots while shoveling without my othotic insert. You see, I can't stand or walk any distance without my orthotic on now, I can barely walk bare footed anymore. I have my orthotics in my running shoes because I have to wear them all the time now, indoors and out as part of my recovery that my surgeon prescribed, but I didn't want to take them out of my shoes to put in my boots to shovel as I only have the one pair, and I'm to lazy to make the effort to take them out of my shoes to put in my boot only to put them back in my shoe after. So i had to suffer a bit to shovel and I'm paying for it now.

I went to the gym after I finished shoveling and did some weights before my scheduled run, not that I had to after all the lifting and throwing of all that snow I did! but I did anyway. I always start with my sit ups before moving on to the weight machines to work on my discipline specific muscle groups, as well as throwing in some extra bench pressing to pump up the arms a bit for the Lady's. [wink] [wink] hee hee...

I then went on the treadmill and did a steady LSD run ( for me) at 5.5miles/hr for 45min and walked out the last 15min climbing at an incline of 2 at 4miles/hr. For a total of 1 hr running today.

Boy am I tired and sore. But another good day and run in the bank.

Now it's time to fire up the BBQ and throw some Penguin steak on the grill for a good protein dinner to fuel up for the next snowfall so I'll have some energy to shovel.



No comments: