Monday, December 3, 2007

Snow Squalls in Barrie, You got to love it...NOT!

This morning after yesterdays storm dumping a ton of snow on us, then changing over in the evening to rain for a few hour, then back to snow as the temp dropped back down below freezing.


My dog Amber was having a tough time getting through the snow in the back yard to go potty.






Now We are getting hit with snow squalls which is forecast to dump up to 2feet of snow over the next day and a half.

<--this is what it looks like now.

It was crazy getting out to my car this morning to go for my swim. There was like a inch thick of ice over the car, so I started up my car to warm up, and I went back in the house to get a bucket of hot water to pour over the windshield to melt the ice. I ended up going back and forth about 6 times to refill the bucket with hot water to melt off all the ice before I could get going to the pool.

I finally got to the pool and did my 2000m swim, actually 2100m, I felt a little stiff and tired at the start, but after a few lenghts I loosened up. It was another good swim in the bank.

Now I have to do some shoveling to rid some of the snow off the driveway before it gets to deep... day's like today, it is common to shovel the drive 2 and 3 times in a day during the winter months when we get snow squalls, but not so early in the season!....

I HATE SNOW SQUALLS.....AND I HATE SNOW!!!....... Unless I'm skiing on the ski hills! :-)
<--4 foot high banks and it's only Dec 3. [[GAK!]]

Probably by tomorrow it will be up to my head high. Ughhh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josef,

flyboy checking in and enjoying your blog. If the weather is too cold up your way, you could always come down to join the So. Cal. boys with Fisch, Windjunkee, Ruben, TriBri, and I all within an hours drive of one another. Train hard, train safe, and train smart buddy.

Josef said...

Thanks Buddy, I wish I could, I would love to, maybe I will one day? Only if fights weren't so darn expensive?

Joe.