Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'm going to Disney World

Yes, it's true! I just signed up for the Disney 70.3 race last night and I'm going to Disney world!!

As luck will have it I got a call from my good friend and new sponsor( who wishes to remain anonymous) last night who said, "Joe your going to enter the Disney 70.3 race before it closes out"..... hee hee hee.....who would of thunk it, me getting a sponsor to enter the race with a place to stay, it couldn't have come at a better time!

I was thinking of doing "The Gulf coast tri" In Panama City Beach in May, as it is cheap to enter with cheap hotel rates for an early 1/2 Ironman in the spring to get me ready for IMLP in July, GCT doesn't close out fast, so I was waiting to enter in the new year if I could afford to.

I would have liked to enter and do The "Disney 70.3" race, as a lot of my mile 141 friends are entered, but it is more expensive to enter and to go down for because of high cost of hotels being at Walt Disney world and it is destined to have entrees close out in the next few days, and I don't have the cash or plastic right now to enter, so it was out of the question.

But here you have it! I'm in for the big Disney race and all I have to worry about is driving down. I'm so excited!! It's going to be so cool because all of my friends from mile 141 (Including my good friend and sponsor) are doing the race to, and I'll be able to meet up with them in May.

The only down side is "IF" I'm able to race because of my foot? my friend said no worries, just come down and have a good time, if you have to walk out the race, WALK. If you can't do the race, it's all good. ....What a good friend!!

My daughter Victoria is also excited because she has always wanted to go to Disney (what kid doesn't) and she asked if she could come along? I said sure! save your money because it will be expensive to see Mickey! She said how much? I said at least $300 She said no problem!( she has a part time job and makes/has more money then me) Then she asked can I bring a friend? I said, we will see. :-)

Ok, all that's left is my left foot? COME ON FOOT, HEAL SO I CAN RACE!!...


Werrrrrre off to see the Wizar........ Opps! wrong song.


How does that Disney song go?.... :-)


Ok, time to check my lottery tickets! Then off to the gym to see if I can do some running.

No comments: