Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's December!

It's December! Ho Ho Ho! Can you believe it? it's December already!!...I know!! because I just turn the page on my calendar and it says today is December, 1. ....plus if you look at the top of this post it says so too!..

Its a rest day for me, not that I need a rest, but my new schedule says it's a rest day, so who am I to argue? heeheehee.....

I'm getting new windows.
I have a guy/salesman coming today to sell me some new windows, or should I say put me in more in debt with signing my life away for the new windows.

Yes, it seems we will be getting them installed once we get approved for the financing, which I doubt we will get the approval, because we are already over our heads in debt when we refinanced to get our roof done this summer with a little
left over for me to enter IMLP and to buy my new Trek Madone and my wife's trek pilot.








On approval we will be changing up all our windows all 25 I think? They are unique casement type windows, called Magic windows. They have a unique feature of hide-away screen so all you see is the whole clear picture window which is thermal efficient and air tight.
They are casements without the crank so you never have to worry about the crank breaking, which in our case in our home now, all our cranks don't work. They never need to be painted, they easy to open and close and when you open them, not only do they open by swinging out? they slide to the side so you have a full and open window then you pull over the screen to keep the critters out.
Basically they are amazing, they were engineered to California standards for strength to hold up to the strongest winds and earthquakes so as not to break the glass seal of the window in the frame, the windows won't twist or sage and always be easy to open and guaranteed for 40yrs!!
On top of that, the salesman guarantees a saving in home heating cost of up to 25% from the windows being air tight. I know it sounds like a sales pitch and all, but in this case I believe him because my windows now are so drafty you could fly a kite in the house from the air coming though, so no matter what window system I were to put in I know I would save 25%!
They are manufactured here in Toronto, actually 45min down the hwy 400 from me in Toronto. http://www.magic-window.com/

No comments: