Friday, November 30, 2007

Training schedule is up!!

I finished my swim challenge today for the month of Nov, with a solid 2300m swim. I did a straight 2000m set in 36min. not bad for early training. My plan is to keep up my swims Monday, Weds, Friday's, at 2000m distances mixing up my sets with drills and speed work with one long 2000m set once a week from here on in.

If you noticed I posted a schedule on the right side of my blog with my schedule of training per week for the month, where I just repeat the weeks training over every week all month.

<---It's the same as this one here.
It is only a template of what training I will do day to day throughout the week with distances and times varying and all done indoors over the winter months.

I like to mention to, on my run day's I do a set of weights as a warm up before my run, then the fun swim comes after the run for a cool down.

My plan is to keep this schedule of training for the next few months as my base training until I get into my longer runs( if my foot lets me) and bike training with more hours training in the week to get ready for my early races in the spring and finally IMLP.

The numbers I have in the boxes are the minimum times and distances I want to do, but most of you know some day's you just don't have it in you to do what is scheduled, and like I said the other day with biking? I just can't get into it yet! but I will try next week.

I will keep track of my actual distances and times in my training log on my computer in excel, which I may post.

The schedule on the right side of my blog, is a good way for me and you to keep track of what I have to do on what day. .....Like today being my swim day I was scheduled to do 1 x 2000m long set, but I did an extra 3x100m at 1:30 after to let my arms know there is more to swimming then long easy strokes hahaha.....

No comments: