Sunday, November 25, 2007

Rest weekend

I didn't do any training Sat.

Today I went to the rec center and ran a 3 miler on the treadmill at a slow pace better known as long slow distance or LSD. Ya , ya i know your saying 3miles is long? ....well it is to me at this stage of the game. The idea is to go long on time and not so much in distance. What took me under 30min the other day to run 3 miles, took 40 min today to do the same distance. Then I walked out the remainder time for a total of 50mins on the mill.

I felt good during and after the run, my foot hurt as normal but I have to get my runs in if I want to do IMLP, "no Pain, No gain".... I could have gone longer on the run but right now I set my distance goal at 3miles for my steady long run for the next few weeks, until I'm feeling strong enought to lengthen my mileage. Remember I only started running this month.

After my short LSD run, I went down to the pool and did a easy cool down swim of 500m and came home to relax for the rest of the day to watch Football.



My training totals for this week....


Monday,....... 2500m Swim
Tue, .......... 500m Swim 3mi Run
Wed,.......... 2000m Swim, 30min bike
Thurs,......... 500m Swim, 4mi run
Fri,............. 2700m Swim,
Sat,
Sun,........... Swim 500m 3mi run

Total Swim... 8700m...
Total bike .... 30min
Total run...... 11miles



Have a great day.

No comments: