Sunday, November 8, 2009

Getting Motivation Back

What a great day today was! Sunny warm and hardly any wind. You don't see many day's like this in November in a lifetime up here, so I took advantage, and I went out for a longish bike ride, riding 40 km and averaging 31 km/hr Woo it was sweet!



I guess with watching Ironman Florida on line all day yesterday to the near end?? (I say near end because they cut the broadcast short by an hour so I didn't get to see the last finishers.) Watching the last hour is usually the best part of the day at an Ironman event. Watching and cheering on the last competitors before the 17 hour cut off with lots of noise and partying routing on those last people is what it's all about! Even if watching on line you get some sort of exuberance with what is going on, specially when Mike Riley ( the voice of Ironman) works up all the fans. I have to say my spirits are back up after watching IMFL all day and specially after today's ride!

This is a picture of my computer screen of how I was watching IMFL and chatting on mile 141 posting updates and getting updates on my Face book friends as well, Plus other links like Ironman lives web page where I was getting updates as the pro race progressed. Multi tasking I call it. Hey! and speaking of Face Book! If you want to be a Face Book friend with me just put my name in search box in your FB and request me to be a friend! I'm always glad to have more friends.


I have to say congrats to all my friends who competed in both IMFL and B2B they were awesome even if everyone didn't finish. Which goes to show you even the most seasoned Ironman can have bad day's as on of my friends did who is a multiple Ironman and he dnf'd on the run because of stomach issues. Congrats everyone.


Tomorrow I start eating salad! Yes, it's time to diet! I'll be quiting booze again to start shedding the pounds, specially with x-Mass around the corner when I tend to over indulge. ;)


Totals this week...

Swim 000

Bike 3 hours

run 15 km

:)

No comments: