Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My first day Blogging

This is all new to me. It's like keeping a diary of sorts, but for my next journey i want to keep a record.

So here it is.....

My journey begins with my lead up to, and including doing Ironman Lake Placid on Jun 20,2008 which will be my 3rd Ironman.

So lets begin with what training I'm doing while I recover from my foot injury.

Since my diagnosis last june, of a torn planter fascia of my left foot, I haven't been able to do much in the way of training, most of the summer I did some biking usualy 30km per day, no longer as my foot hurt to much, and some swimming to keep some fitness up. I finaly got in to see a orthopedic surgeon on Sept 11 and he told me he would not do surgery on my foot, as if he did it might turn out worse then it is now. He said that it will heal in time on its own, and with the help of orthotics and a night splint he prescribed. So since I got my orthotics I felt some relief of my foot as I walk so I have been giving it time now so it will heal.

Now after 2 months, my foot is not much better today as when I first got my orthotic, which is a dissapointment, because I want to do more running to get my weight down.

I have started to do a little treadmill running as well as swimming in the pool and biking in my basement on my bike trainer over the last month. I need to lose weight first before my real training begins in the new year for IMLP.

SO, as it stands to date, this being my first day blogging, I will try to blog my daily training, and record some daily event's that goes on with my life and journey to Ironman Lake Placid.

As I start my training, I weigh in at a 235lbs right now, my goal weight for Ironman LP is to be around 180lbs. We shall see how the training and dieting goes as I focus and train hard to achieve my goal weight.

What other goals do I have? My biggest goal next to losing weight is to race the race of my life and finish in under 13hour at LP.

My last 2 Ironmans I came in with a 14:04, and14:33, both were good races but both had some setbacks with injurys, social issues and stress. I'm not saying this time around I won't have any of the same in this comming race. At least both my wife and I are working this time.

Today....

I went to the gym today and ran 3 miles on the treadmill and then went down to the pool to cool off with a 500m easy swim.

Other then that and setting up this blog, nothing much happend today.

Have a great day.

No comments: