Friday, November 23, 2007

Biggest swim yet!

I did it! I swam 2700m this morning to finish up my Nov, challenge. Now the rest of this months swims are gravy.

The pool wasn't to busy, but I had to share my lane with 2 other swimmers. I met up with Ted from my tri club in the pool, he was going to try some easy swimming but didn't have it in him yet to do much. He had a bad accident on his bike one week out from doing his first Ironman in Aug. He broke a few ribs and punctured a lung, now he is trying to get back into swimming and biking slowly as he still has pain with breathing. I think it will be a while before he get back into running. Poor guy.

My swim...

I started with 1000m straight swim.
Then did alternating sets of 50 breast and hard 50 freestyle for the next 1000m
Then did easy straight 700m with a pull buoy concentrating on my breathing on every 4th stroke and my reach and pull of my stroke, being long in the water with a smooth glide.

No comments: