Friday, November 23, 2007

Cold and Frosty


Boy it was cold last night. it's freezing this morning too! the penguins are setting up nests in the backyard getting ready for another cold and wintery winter. brrrrrrr

I have my coffee, Siiiipppp ahhhhh!.... but no sign of mocha my coffee drinking cat, I guess she is still sleeping. My wife Joanne is up and gone to work already, Victoria is also up and gone to school, she is in grade 11, and an my son Christopher should be home soon from work, he decided school wasn't for him after grade 11 and started working full time last year at one of the big food chains on midnight shift ( I got him the job with my connections, I used to work part time at the store for years and knew the manager) so he can make money to buy all of his neat toys, like his 50"plasma tv, guitars, amps, DVD's, beer money (yes he is of legal age and he is into partying with his buds now, not to say he wasn't before? ) and fuel his car. Typical adolescent.

Today's activity wil be going to the pool and maybe finish my swim challenge im in on with peeps on slowtwitch. My challenge at the start of the month is to swim 24km, and I have 2700m left, so I may stay the extra15 min and finish up today to complete my 24km swim challenge for the month of November, but I will continue the rest of the month with my swims every Mon, Weds, and friday's, throughout my journey to IMLP.

I was just going through my log for my first Ironman I did for IMAZ/05 and the most I swam in any month for that journey was 29km and that was the second to last month before the race in April, with my longest steady swim of 4km in one set. Right now with this swim challenge I haven't gone longer then 2500m and today if I finish will be my longest set at 2700m. I think if I keep up this pace I'm doing this swim challenge for November, I may exceed my IMAZ's longest month of swim training by doing 30km. and I'm like 8 months out from IMLP.....I hope I can keep this swim training up for the rest of the 8 months, if I do? I will do awesome in my swim at IMLP.

No comments: