Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Member

Today was another perfect day, I hope all winter stays like this, but it won't.

I stretched out my run today and did 7.5 km today. The first 5 I did in 30min ending at my house, then took a min to stretch out my calf and quads and went back out for another 2.5 out and back. Total time of 44:53. I had some lower back pain the whole way, but like I said until I lose some weight and do more core work it will happen.

Well I took the plunge and bought myself a membership, but not with the rec centre. 2 blocks from my work there is a LA Fitness that opened earlier this year. So today I decided to go in and check it out and see how much a membership would cost. I walk in and the first thing I see through a glass window is a 25m 4 lane lap pool to the left of the entrance. I asked at the front desk for some help and prices and before you know it I signed up. This place has everything! It's huge, it has two floors with the second floor filled with all the cardio stuff like treadmills, bikes, elliptical thingy's you name it they have it and lots of it! the main floor has all the weight training stuff like free weight's and machines, pull weights etc! there is a gym for Basket ball, fitness rooms for yoga, palates or dance class's. The pool is nice, like I said, it's a 4 lane 25m pool perfect for my swim training over the winter, and of course a nice sauna. All this for $29. a month! which works out to a lot less then the rec center which has a lot less to offer and $200 more a year.

This is so great being so close to my work. I will now be able to do all my training for my up coming Ironmans including swimming, Yeah! So it looks like I will be leaving work early every day from now on! Wooo!

But you are asking what about my Diving? Well I'll tell you I only dove twice a week last year, usually Tues, and Thurs, So seeing as how much a saving I'm getting with the new membership at LA Fitness i can still go to the rec center pool for diving and pay as I go, only costing me $5 a pop.


Today's Menu....

Breakfast, bacon, eggs, toast and a yogurt....Lunch, a ham and bologna cheeze wrap......Dinner, vegetable beef soup, a beef borito and a mixed salad, and for my snack another Ham and bologna cheeze wrap.


:)

No comments: