Thursday, November 19, 2009

First day at LA Fitness

I got up this morning, started wondering around the house, looked at my watch, watched some TV, waiting, waiting, ate some breakfast, looked at my watch, watched more TV, looked outside, looked at my watch, sat and watched more TV, looked at my watch and Finally! time to go to LA Fitness and work!!

I left my house at 1pm knowing it takes me an hour to get to the fitness center by 2pm for a easy workout for an hour or so until I had to leave to go across the street and down the block to work.

When I got there I asked if I could take some pictures inside so I can show Joanne and post on my blog, but I was denied. So I only took a picture of the building from the outside as I went back to my car to put my camera away. I then went back inside to change.

After changing I wondered around the main floor where all the weight machines were checking them out. There are so many and all for specific muscle groups. I choose to work on upper body and core today and pushed a few hundred pounds around doing bench press shoulder press, lat pulls and crunches. After 20 min I went upstairs to the treadmills, I picked out a mill. In front are TV to watch as I run or I can watch the people down below doing weights as the mills are placed in front of the balcony rails over looking the whole lower floor to the entrance.

I only ran 1 mile but was really impressed with the treadmill. It was called a Matrix and running on it was like really running on the road. There was no bounce to it and it was so smooth. It actually felt like your pushing yourself forward to run, or like there is resistance on your run, like running on a uphill grade. I kept checking and turning the incline switch down to make sure I was running level, and I was. It really gave me a good workout as I ran at a 5.5 mph pace bringing my HR up to 170

After my run I went to the pool and did some laps. I jumped in and the pool is like a sauna, wtf! I can't swim in this heat! I did a few lengths and I can feel the heat sap my strength and spike my HR. Plus the fact I was so out of shape swimming, but with the heat of the pool I surely felt like I was dragging. I ended up doing 500m before calling it quits. When I went to go get changed and I couldn't stop sweating to get my cloths on.

After I changed I went out to the front desk and asked if something can be done with the temp to the pool? The lady said it is usually maintained at a temp of 84-86F I said WHAT! that's not good to swim in, it should be cooler and no higher then 82F max. The lady then went on to tell me that they keep it warmer because the aqua fit class was complaining it was to cold. I side then maybe if the aqua class worked harder they wouldn't be cold. I said I swim long and with the pool so warm I would dehydrate in 5Min's of swimming, which I did today! I was still sweating bullets standing there talking with her and even showed her my soaking shirt. She said she will check the temp to make sure it's within there limits. I asked if she could maintain the limits to the low end of there limits..........Looks like I will have to carry a water bottle in the pool with me.

Then I went off to work, which took me 2 mins to get to. :)

:)

No comments: