Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Running and Raining

I ran my 5k today while it rained cats and dogs outside! ...Good thing I was in my basement on the treadmill. hee hee hee.

My knees were really hurting this morning, I guess because of the weather my arthritis is acting up more. So I was debating whether to run or not.

I finally drummed up the courage and got my run gear on and went outside to start my stretch. Then It happened! It started to rain. Well there is no way I'm starting my run in the rain. So I go inside and tell Joanne my run has been canceled. she asked why? i said because it's raining. She said why don't you go down stairs and use the treadmill like I do? I said why don't I? I didn't think of it?!? Duh! :0

So I went down to run. What a difference it is running the mill. I ran non stop for the full 5k with no knee or back pain. I ran longer time wise putting in 34min running the 5km, but at a slower pace, but what a difference! I could have run longer to as my legs were feeling fine. I guess the difference is the give and bounced on the mill, as opposed to out door running along the sidewalk not giving way, where all my weight is being forced down on my knees and back. Maybe i should do more mill work until my weight comes down?


:)

No comments: