Monday, October 19, 2009

I ran 5k this morning, still having back issues. I did some core to help the back issues.  Running sucks! 

In other news....

My driver side mirror was broken a few weeks ago while I was at a friends party and I finally went to the dealer to see what it would cost to replace it. The parts service guy looked up the part and quoted me $350.00 for the mirror, $130.00 to paint it the colour  to match my car, (As all mirrors come in black from the factory and my mirror was black and red.) and about $100.00 labour to install. I said thanks and left.

So on my way to work today I decided to stop off at the car wreckers to see if they have a replacement mirror for my red cobalt, they had one but it was black and gray. I said fine how much? he said $85.00 I said thanks I'll take it. I figure I can replace the mirror easy enough myself, but first I'll have to paint it, so tomorrow I'll go back to the dealer and tell them I need to touch up some spots on my car and see if they can give me a sample of red paint to match my car.

So for one fifth of the price to pay to the dealer, I'll fix my own mirror. And if all goes well, I'll have saved myself over $400.00 fixing my car myself.  :)


:)

No comments: