Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sore but climbing back

Day 2 09/10/09

I woke up today with my back still hurting, I walked across the floor and my feet hurt as usual. I went and pop some of my painkillers. after they kicked in I went for a hot tub to loosen my back up. I soaked and stretched for about a half hour. .....No I did not train today. I'll give my back another day. I think i just pinched a nerve, it doesn't hurt while I sit or stand, only when I move or walk.

So at work tonight I had an extra job. I had to do the stair master? No not really, but I had to climb up and down an extension ladder 22 times pulling down old posters from the gym walls which were hung up top about 20 feet up. They were posters of dream coats from the play Joseph and the amazing technicolor dream coat the school did last year, and each class made a poster of the dream coat that were hung at the top of the walls around the gym.

Well the worst part of pulling the posters off was the fact that they were glued in place with caulking??? So I had to scrape them off the walls 20 feet up the ladder!! What made matters worse was the gym lights are on censers, and while I was up on top of the ladder 20 feet up, the stupid lights turned off!! so I standing 20 feet up in the dark! and they wouldn't turn on until i came back down so the censers detected me to turn the light back on. By the time I finished taking all the posters down I was soaking with sweat climbing up and down, up and down, up and down, and up and down. it made for a good work out I must say!

I think that makes up for me not working out this morning and made for a good workout that I will put in my training log, when I eventually create it some time this weekend? Btw, my back wasn't to bad after all the climbing. We will see how I feel in the morning.

:)


No comments: