Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Vacation

Woo Hoo! I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks!!  Well, soon as I finish my shift tonight. ;)  I won't be back to work until the new year.  It looks like I'll have to go to the rec center over the holidays to workout, because I'm not going to drive 100 km to workout at LA Fitness in Brampton.  

Speaking of Brampton the Olympic torch relay came through this way today as it makes it's way across Canada to Vancouver BC  for the winter Olympics in Feb 2010.  I  missed seeing it  today as i was working out at the Club, Actually  it's a good thing I went in early to do my workout today as the Olympic torch relay was making it's way along part of my commute into work and would have made me late for work if I left at my normal time.  Anyway I'll get my chance to see the Olympic torch relay on the Dec 29TH as it will be making it's way into Barrie that day.  I originally  applied  to be a Torch barer but was not selected. :(  But I will get my chance to be up close to the torch as I volunteered with the city to help out that day for the big celebration Barrie will put on.  I'm still not sure what i'll be doing as a volunteer yet? But I was told it will be a chance in a lifetime.  

Today's Training ...

Run .....30 min.
Swim ...5 min....Just a cool down swim.
10 min sauna. 

:)

No comments: