Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hasn't been a good Month

My wife's sister Judy died on the 16Th. It wasn't sudden and was expected as she was battling cancer and lost. We celebrated her life with a quiet family gathering over the weekend after having Judy Cremated. It's always sad to to lose a loved one. Rest in peace Judy.

This is a picture of Joanne and her older bother John who died of lung cancer 5 years ago and two sisters from the left Sandra who died last year in April from a degenerative brain disease and next to her Judy.




On the Training Front! ...

My last race was in Muskoka up in Huntsville on Th 14Th. I swam OK, I bike well enough, I just couldn't run because of my heel still hurting even with the extra attention Ive been giving it with rest ice and stretching. I did try to run and went as far as 1km before turning back calling it a day. I could have walked to finish, but what's the use? It's not worth the pain or effort to finish the race if I can't run it, so I DNF'd.

Here I am in transition




My wave at the start, I'm the one on the left side just in front of the tip of the buoy






My next race will be the Peterborough half Ironman this coming Sunday July 5Th. I'm not sure I will go since I haven't been in the pool for over 2 weeks and haven't been able to run. I have done some biking to keep up my fitness.

If I go? which I probably will. I'll go on my own driving up early in the morning. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Peterborough from my house.

It's not worth bringing the family to see me DNF again, as I know I won't be able to finish the run with my foot hurting and I'm not going to walk 21km in pain to show my kids how tough I am to get a stupid medal. lol

I'll just make it a good training day with a solid swim and bike outing and pick up my swag which is paid for already, minus the finisher medal. : )

No comments: