Monday, June 29, 2009

I hate working days because I can't train.

Here I am sitting in my office. I'm on summer hours now until school starts back up in Sept. I hate summer hours or should I say normal day work weeks. I hate getting up at 6am to get to work by 8am and I hate getting home by 5pm, it screws up my whole day because i can't train at night after work because I'm to tired to train.

I like training in the mornings before going to work, my normal work week mornings, when i get up at 9am, go train a few hours, have some breakfast and watch a little tv. Then go to work for 3pm and get home by 12:30am.

I am NOT an early riser. I am to used to afternoon shift work which I have been doing for the last 6 years. Even on the weekends I keep my same hours as my work week, the kids don't even notice because they sleep in to noon or 1pm anyway. But come Summer! I have to switch my schedule!!

So what do I do to keep up my training since I'm to tired to train after work?

I improvise!!.....I improvise on my training while I'm at work on days during the summer break. Since there is heavy lifting involved moving furniture around and scrubbing and so forth, I work as if I'm training. When I'm lifting, I lift like I'm doing weights. While I'm working I'm on my feet all day, I count that as my LSD run training, (I put in at least 10 miles on my feet a day. ) I even throw in a few squats during the day. When I go up the stairs I run up. You get the idea.

I also take a min to do my sit ups once a day during my break....... Come to think of it! that's probably why I'm to tired after work to train at night?? But I do force myself after work to at least get on my bike and ride down to the lake and swim a lap of the Barrie tri swim course at the beach at least a few times a week and twice on Sunday all Summer long. : )

No comments: