Monday, February 16, 2009

Can't run in the cold

Yesterday I ran my first 10k outside in the cold with temperatures hovering around -1c, it was sunny with a little wind but the wind was bone chilling. I managed to run it just under 1hr which at this stage of my running game is good, my knee was a little sore at the start of the run but worked out a bit as i went on and didn't bother me to much, I had more problems with over all joint pains in my ankles both knees and hips then my one bad knee on my run, because of arthritis.

I just hope the weather heats up some more and spring comes faster so I can do more running outside. I hate running in the cold! I know February is suppose to be cold, it is winter after all, but I need to get my outdoor running going if I'm going to race well in Ottawa at my first stand alone marathon in May, and I'm not going to do it well if its to cold for me to run outside......Call me a wimp! but it's not that I don't want to run outside in the cold, it's that I can't run outside in the cold because of my arthritis in my joints and it hurts to run in the cold..... : < (

No comments: