Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mom went in for Breast Cancer surgery today.

My mom's surgery went well.

My sister and I took my mom to the hospital this morning for her scheduled mastectomy surgery. She was booked for 10am surgery and we had to be there for 8am.

We got to the hospital just before 8am and they took her right away, my sister went in with her for the pre-op stuff, ( changing into hosp garb, weighing, checking her cloths etc, which took about an hour before taking my mom down to the pre-op-op? that's when my sister came back to tell me what's going on, then my sister and I went to the cafeteria for coffee and cake while we waited.

2 hours later my mom was out of surgery and in recovery. Everything went well. My sister was going to drive my mom back to her home after recovery, so with my mom out of surgery and at least an 1 1/2hrs in recovery, I left to go to the pool for my swim and would meet them back at my moms house.

After my swim I went to my moms house and the timing couldn't be better. They just got home about 15 min before I arrived. My mom was looking and feeling good and sitting up watching TV. I visited for a few hours to make sure things were good and decided to go home as everything was under control.

My sister and her 13yr old daughter Jessica were going to stay with mom the rest of today. Jessica will be staying over night and the rest of the weekend with my mom to help out, which she doesn't mind because she is getting out of going to school tomorrow to.

Tomorrow I'll visit before going into work, and on the weekend the rest of the family will visit to.

No comments: