Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Not good news..... Do I Quit?

I saw my surgeon this morning, and things don't look so good. He said I'm probably going to remain at 80% and I will have to deal with the pain in my foot, but in time the pain may diminish. Maybe a few more shockwave treatment may help if you can afford to do it?

I asked about running with my foot? he said I should be OK to run, but says maybe my running day's are over, that it's OK to continue swimming and biking, or other activities that don't aggravate my foot.

SO there you have it, my Running days are over! .....well at least anything long. I kind of knew that, So now I have a decision to make, DO I quit doing Ironman and only do shorter tri's? ...Should I do IMLP?

He said he won't/can't operate, as it could make things worse. He asked if I feel I'm ready to go back to work, or if I need more time off. He said I could go back on reduced hours to start and if I can't manage the work I can always book off again. I told him I'm as ready as ever to go back, but I'll go back to full time and I will just have to HTFU! ... lol

I told him I don't have a choice I can't afford to stay off any longer, because LTD doesn't pay the bills and I'm already behind on my mortgage.

He gave me a note for work saying I can start back on the 17th St.Patty's day...hey that might be lucky?? He said I will have to continue using my night splint, othotics and stretching and keep as active running as I can manage.


He took a look at my right calf, after I told him the story of how I tore it diving. He said it's coming along nicely, that the muscle I tore is a common one that basketball players injure all the time, and it will take up to 3 months to fully heal. I asked if it's ok to get back to diving yet? He said, if it feels strong enough? sure! same as with running, but to be careful not to over do it, take it slow. ( which I already knew)

So what to do? ? ? ? Maybe I'll take up bowling again?


DO I QUIT??? ... SHOULD I QUIT???

No comments: