Sunday, March 2, 2008

I DID IT! I RAN!!

I did it, I did it, I ran!!.....

I ran the treadmill for an hour, not to fast, but fast enough to test my calf out. Although my calf is still a little swollen and tight, I was able to run. I stretched out my calf for about 5 min first before getting on the treadmill, once on the treadmill I set it up the speed to do intervals of a walking pace and a easy 5.5mph jog pace. I started out alternating from walking 1 min then run 1 min, I did that for the first 10 min, then I did 1 min walking to 2 min runs for the next 10 min, then the rest of the hour after that was 1 min walk to a 4 min run, except for the tight feeling, my calf held up!! When I finished I did a little stretch then did some weights and did a full stretch after before heading down to the pool for a easy swim.

I must say my legs are tired from the run, but a good tired. The question is, how sore will my legs be tomorrow? We shall see tomorrow? It's a swim day tomorrow so that's ok.

No comments: