Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Diving Cross training??

I went to check out the new Holly woods rec center across town, yes that is the name of the center because the area of development is called holly woods.

Man, the place is big! it has 2 ice rinks, fitness center, gym, meeting rooms and pool. but everything is open to glass, as you walk in you can see through to the pool, though a huge wall of glass, on the other side you can see the ice rinks though walls of glass, up in the fitness room you look down on the rinks though glass, or out side on the other wall.

But the best part was the pool was open to the public and they had the diving board working, as I said the other day, I was told the boards weren't fitted right, well that was partly right, it was the 3 meter board that wasn't fitted right and they had to send back the board to be fitted right, the 1 meter board is up and running. Yay!!

So I tested it out. Man it felt good to be diving again, my form was a little off but with practice I will get it back. I totally amazed the lifeguards with my dives, they didn't know the difference what was a good dive or a bad one, but I sure could. I kept it simple, with front dives in pike and layout, front flips and twists and front 1 1/2 flips, but the problem there was I couldn't grab my knees!! my belly is too big, so I had to do them in open position, then i went on doing back dives and flips. I did this for a full hour!! Do you know how tiring that is?? I had the whole pool to myself for diving too. Boy did I have fun!! : )...but boy, my foot is sore! : (

I chatted up the lifeguards in between dives and the head lifeguard who knows me was amazed at what this OLD FAT guy could do on the board? ... You know how it is when you tell people stories of things you used to do and can do? but they never see you in action? and the person your talking to just says Ya, right? that's nice? ...

So when she saw how good I really was she asked me if I was still interested in teaching diving? I said yes, I still considering it. She took my number down and left a memo for the rec centers director who wasn't in yet, to give me a call tonight to see if I'm up for and to discuss a diving program.....

I talked with the rec director this evening and I will be meeting with her tomorrow to see what type of program we can set up! and if I'm interested in starting a Diving club? I'll bring my credentials and my dive programs that I still have, to sell myself to run the dive program and teach the ONE AND ONLY BARRIE DIVING PROGRAM for the city of Barrie.

Sweeeeeet!

Oh ...and after My hour of diving I went up to the fitness center and it is huge too! with a lot more weight machines, free weights area, a separate aerobics training room, 6 treadmills and elliptical, about 25 training bikes, (good ones with aero bars nice seats, the whole nine yards) and those sit down and peddle bikes and lots and lots of room to move around in nothing like my rec center I have been training at.

So I ran and hour on the mill and did a bunch of weights trying out all the new machines. cool!

Maybe tomorrow I'll bring the camera and post some pic's if I remember. : )

No comments: