Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Need motivation

With my wife back to work temporarily, the kids off to work, the house is quiet, and I'm all set to do more training but I can't seem to get motivated to train. Sure I ran 5 km yesterday on the treadmill and today biked 30min on the trainer, but I just have this blah feeling about me. It could be the weather? It's cool outside with the temperature hovering around 1C with intermittent rain and snow showers keeping me inside. It could be because the days are getting shorter? All I know is my next race the florida 70.3 at walt Disney world is 6 months away and I have to lose 50lbs by then. I need to get motivated! But How?

This Saturday is the Florida Ironman, I was hoping I could go down PC to visit and see some of my friends doing the race, but without a pass port I couldn't go down. Maybe that's my motivation problem? I'm sad I couldn't go down to PC Seeing a live event like Ironman would definitely pump me up an give me back my mojo to train! Hopefully watching it on line with do the same? I always enjoy watching the Ironman events on line.

I also have a few friends doing the Beach to Battle ship Iron distance race this Saturday. Maybe I lost my motivation knowing I couldn't go down to do that race this year? I talked earlier this year with Joanne about doing the race, but it fell though when Joanne lost her job.

I see a pattern here. I see a lot of let downs. Things I wished for, but could not have or do? No wonder I have no motivation to train now.

Lets hope after this weekends races I get inspired by my friends endeavors with following them though their day.

Lets hope I get pumped watching on line to get me raring to go and get out of this rut to train harder for a reason!

Lets hope I get the will to move forward to set out and achieve my goals for my Ironman Florida 70.3 race Next May being 50lbs lighter and to have the best Half Ironman race with the PR I'm looking for!

Lets just say we will see.

:)

No comments: