Thursday, April 16, 2009

Damn I tweaked it!

What a great day for a workout! the sun is shining the air is warm in the high teens, and what's left of the snow is melting away. So what am i doing going to the rec center to run on the treadmill for when I can ride and run outside?

Well that's what i should have done instead! serves me right for not listening to my senses!! ....

Today was looking so nice out I was thinking maybe I should ride today and do a brick run after, and if time, I could go to Holly and do some diving, all before going to work. But Nooooo! I don't listen! I instead go with my plan of going to the rec center and run the treadmill for an hour and then go for a cool down swim, then some diving. so what's the big deal? Well! I'll tell you....

When i got to the rec centre I warmed up first, stretching my legs and extra stretching my calf, no problem, I get on the mill and start my run. After my run I stretch some more, specially my calf, then head down to the pool, no problem. I get in the pool and swim 20 lengths, no problem. I head over to the diving board and start running through my dive list, no problem. I was doing 2 of each dive starting with front dive. no problem, reverse dive, reverse somersault, front 1 1/2, front full with a full twist, no problem. Then I go to the end of the board and set myself up for a back dive pike, no problem.

Now my second back dive pike, BAM!!! ....As I pushed the board for my take off, i tweaked my calf muscle, the one that I pulled a few weeks back. I guess it's still not 100% healed. It was only a little twinge, but enough to say to myself I better stop.

I go to the hot pool and stretch it out. I put it on the jets to message it and then rest it for a while. It's not to bad of a pull, like I said it's just a tweak, but any more of a tweak it would be a muscle pull. I could walk on it but it had some tightness, so I called it a day and headed to work.

I hope it won't effect me on my CN Tower Stair climb on Saturday.

Today's training...

Run 10km

Swim 500m

Dive 45mins

No comments: