Sunday, February 8, 2009

Todays Polar Bear Dip.

Here are some pictures of today events at the annual polar bear dip here in Barrie.

The weather was nice hovering around 0C but was a lttle windy, making if feel a lot colder.
I was filmed and interviewed by the local news station the A-channel as usual..... Yes, a star is born! I just hope my interview makes it on the new tonight.


This is the news guy from A-channel, getting an interview with some people behind me after he interviewed me.

This is the Kathy the Barrie Rec director talking with another News guy from the weather channel who was taping the event for the weather station to be aired later today.

Some rescue fire fighters at the ready for safety.

Just taking it easy before the dippers begin.



This is the whole team of lifeguards and fire rescue for today's dipper.

Me talking to the lifeguard while waiting for the start.

Still waiting for the start.

Ah! just about ready for the start. the guy in front of me always goes first as he/she raises money for charity with this event. I have been second in line for ever year since we've been doing the dip.

OK, my turn, as I gingerly walk to the edge with my "bear feet" to jump in.

Ahhhhh, refreshing!!! Brrrrrrrrr


Now live! for the first time, for your viewing pleasure, with the help of modern technology, .....LIVE VIDEO!! Enjoy! : - )


I can't wait until next year!

No comments: