Sunday, January 25, 2009

This week will be a Total Dive Training Week

This week I'll be putting my Tri training on hold and will be totally training and practicing diving to get ready for my meet on Saturday Jan 31.

I talked to the recreation director at the rec center to ask if she would give me some time on the 3 m board so I can practice and get a dive list going if I'm going to compete in the 3 meter event on Sunday Feb 1. She said she will work something out for me. As a rule no one goes or has been able to dive off the 3 meter board during public swims since it's been put in the pool for fear of injury's and liability's, except for me of course. I feel so privileged.


I'll be working out on the 1 and 3 meter boards practicing every day this week before work to get ready for my competition. My only dilemma is? I may back out of doing the 3meter competition because I just haven't practiced enough on the high board. One week is not really enough time to get ready for any activity for competition let alone a skilled competition like diving. Although I did the same thing 25 years ago in my last competition at the World Master Games after being out of diving for 3-4 years!! .... I will see? I'm a lot older and less flexible with more aches and pains then I was as a 25 year old, and will decide on doing the 3meter after Saturdays 1 meter event.

Here is my dive list I will be working on for both 1 and 3 meters.

1 Meter

Front layout dive.
Front dive 1/2 twist
Inward dive pike, or back dive pike?
Front 1 1/2 pike
Front full somersault 1 twist
Reverse full sommersault 1/2 twist

3 Meter

Front layout dive.
Front dive 1/2 twist
Inward dive pike, or back dive pike?
Front 1 1/2 pike
Front 1 1/2 somersault 1 twist
Reverse 1 1/2 somersault 1/2 twist

The only difference from the 1 and 3 m dive list is the last 2 dives where I will throw in an extra 1/2 somersault.

Wish me luck.

No comments: