Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh No! Knee Strain

I had to cut yesterdays dive practice short again! My left knee started hurting. The only thing I know I could have done to it to strain it is? maybe on one of my takeoffs I tweeked it? or earlier on the treadmill before going down to dive I was doing hill climbing. I was climbing at 8% at a fast walk pace, maybe that is what strained my knee? I knew I should have stuck to my plan and not do any run training, but noooo! I like most of you addicted triathletes think if I miss a days workout I will lose fitness. Now I'm paying the price! Anyway the pain is all around the front under the knee cap, I think it's the Anterior crucuate ligament which is inflamed. I hope it gets better by Saturday for the meet. I'm taking today and tomorrow off all training, not even swimming. I'm Icing and resting my knee until Saturday and will see how it goes and if I can dive?

No comments: