Monday, April 7, 2008

Triathlon Training Camp Day 3

Today's totals

Swim, 1000m

Biked 20km

Ran 5km

I stopped off at the Trek store downtown on my way back from my ride and picked up an new pair of cycling tri shorts, $90!! WHAT! OMG! That's almost twice as much as I paid for my two new pair of running shoes I got two weeks ago. My shoes where buy one get one half price, and I only paid $66. ....FOR THE TWO PAIR TOTAL!! anyway, they are a good pair of bike shorts.

I had the mechanic look at the front wheel of my Giant (smiley bike) that I was having trouble with. Turns out the Axel screw was ready to pop out, thus the reason my tire was off to the side of the fork almost rubbing against it. He said I was lucky, I could have killed myself if the wheel fell off and fixed it for me. What a difference that made riding home with a wheel that turned freely on it's axis.

My wife's car broke down as she got home tonight. I think it's the water pump or head gasket, the car was steaming away and coolant was leaking all over the place. I'll have it looked at tomorrow as the dealer wasn't open.

I was suppose to pick up Melissa from school in North bay tomorrow, but now my wife need my car to go to work while I get her car looked at and hopefully fixed. Melissa will have to wait a day to come home. It's exam time for her, so she is coming home until her exam next week, and at the end of the week on the 19Th, we will move her back home for good as a University Graduate!! Sweet!!

No comments: