Saturday, April 5, 2008

Triathlon Training Camp Day 1

What a perfect day to start out my training camp. The sky was blue, the air was still and the temperature was hovering around 10C. SWEEEEEET!!

I rode 60km easy, took my daughters camera with me in case I came across some lions, tigers and bears! Oh My!....

Well I didn't see any lions or tigers but I did see a bear. I pulled into a SpringWater Provincial park that is along my bike route. The park has a little mini zoo with local wildlife like wolves, deer, bear, water foul, and birds like hawks, Owls, eagles, not to mention penguins!! ...kidding on the penguins. lol... pictures to follow when I have time to upload them.

Oh ya, the ride! I was having some trouble with my front wheel hub tightening up on me as I was riding, so I had to take my wheel off and adjust the hub screws so the wheel would turn freely. Other then that the ride went well. I managed to make it up the big hills ok for an old fat guy.....Again pictures to follow when I upload them.

When I got back from my ride I checked the temperature in my backyard and it read 24C, but then again, that is with the sun beading down on the back side of my house and down on the patio. There is still allot of snow in my yard but it is melting rapidly. With that, I took my shirt off to enjoy the sun and did some sun tanning and food to re-fuel

After I had something to eat and had enough rest and sunning, I went out for a 5km run, slow and easy, to finish off my first day of Training camp.

All in all it was a good day.


Today's totals... Swim 000 ..Bike 60km....run 5km.

No comments: