Friday, March 14, 2008

Is that Spring in the air???

Today was awesome! sunny, around 3C no wind, so I put on my run shorts, then my track pants over top, a long sleeve t-shirt and my windbreaker on and went for a run outside for the first time in about a year or more!!...

It was a tricky run, I had to take care as not to roll an ankle, I had to go slow and maneuver allot along the sidewalks, which are still snow covered, along with slush, ice and water from today's melting, But I Did it!! actually it was kind of cool running along the sidewalks with the snow along the sides at waist height.

I put in a leisurely 5k run and it felt good. I was even sweating! I had a bead of sweat coming down the side of my forehead,? that's something you rarely see on me in the summer? let alone during the cool temps i endured today? matter of fact my shirt was soaking wet when i finished. Must be all the extra insulation on me? ie; FAT!!

Lots of snow was melting today, not so much from being warm but from the strong sunlight today and no wind. The roads had rivers of water rolling down the sides later in the day, along the huge snowbanks that were shrinking before my eyes, and flowing into the closest sewer drain that are covered over still by the snowbanks.

I got so excited I took out my cruiser bike after my run, ( my wife's walmart special heavy steel bike with the wide tires) and tooted around for a few to 10km, Woooooo!...but my back was soaking wet from spray of my back tire, still it felt good to ride out doors.

Hopefully this trend will continue and we will be rid of all the bad snow!! bad bad snow!! Go away snow!!

But not so? from what i hear or saw on the news? we still have some cold days and a few more snow day to come, and actually? we have always had at least one last blast of snow in April up here, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed this year for warm and sunny days, so I can ride again!!

No comments: