Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rest day and Barrie Winterfest

I didn't swim today, decided to take a day off since I slept in.


The Barrie Winterfest is on this weekend and i went down with the family to check it out. They have all sorts of things going on down at the waterfront with Ice sculptures, midway rides, lumberjack show, helocopter rides, hourse drawn wagon rides, dog sled rides, and so on. I was difficult for me to get around but I managed slowly being carefull not to strain my calf.

Tomorrow will be the best part of the winterfest! tomorrow is the polor bear dip in the lake, I'm looking forward to it!. : )

Here are some pic's from today's journey down town Barrie.
Here i am infront of the chopper ride, I don't know how much it cost? but i'm sure it was more then I could afford!
The Chopper taking off to do a circle around the bay, maybe a 10 min ride?
The chopper comming in for a landing, really cool to watch!

Dog sleds were fun to watch. it was free, but the line up to ride was over an hour wait, they take you out on a short circle over the lake.

This guy below was cutting square chunks of ice with toy's frozen in the middle for kids to take home.
Some of the ice sculptures, in a pirate theme


This is a solid sculpted ice slide
Victoria and Krissy fooling around on the lake just off the side of where the dog sled rides are.




No comments: