Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I think I'll quit!

Yes that's right! I think I'll just quit all sports all together!!!

I'm out of commission untill April now, Just as my left foot was starting to get better and I was starting my run training I tear my right calf muscle!! Grrrrrrr!!!

Yes, that is right! I tore my right calf muscle today while at the rec center diving today. I was doing an inward dive. (An inward dive is where you stand at the end of the board with your back to the water looking back at the diving board, standing with your ball of your foot and toes on the end of the board, then you push off and dive inward towards the board.)

Well I did everything right for my dive, but as I went to push off something popped and snapped in my right calf as I took off, I finished the dive alright, but while in the water I knew something was wrong. I got to the side of the pool and instead of jumping up out of the water as usual, I sat up on the edge of the pool and got up slowly using my good foot to stand, then I tried to put weight on my right foot but couldn't, so I told the lifeguard I pulled my calf on the last dive so the show is over for today. lol

I got some help from her to walk across the deck to the other side, then she got me some ice to put on it. I sat on the pool deck icing for about a half hour, then decided it was time to go. I got up slowly and hobbled to the change room to change, then drove myself to the hospital.

Sitting in Emerg for 5 hours!!!.... I finally see a doctor, only to tell me, "yes i tore the calf" and "i'll be out of commission until at least April".

I then asked him how long until I can start running? He looked at me and said; April!! ... he said i will need physio and if I'm lucky I will be good to go by April. I said April?? He said Yes April!! ...Did you hit your head or something??? maybe I should take a look??. LOL....

So there you have it! ..... Looks like Disney 70.3 may not happen. :-(

No comments: