Friday, February 15, 2008

BACK TO TRAINING

Gak!! glad V-day is over with... now I can get back to training. lol

Actually yesterday was very nice, we went out for a nice dinner and because I didn't have reservations the manager gave Joanne and I free wine and appetizers with our dinner......What?....Huh??

Well? I bought a gift card for Joanne for X-mas and was told by the restaurant employee that I didn't need reservations for dinner if and when we came in, ( I asked when I bought the gift card ) so when we got there I was asked if I had a reservation? I said WTF? ....I was told I didn't need a reservation when I bought the gift card!?!?

Well to make a long story short the manager apologized and found us a table and gave us the complimantry Wine and appetizers with our dinner. We wined and dined and had a good time, the food was great! I had the Chicken Oscar something with srimp and scallops in a cream sauce,( I think that's the oscar part?) with garlic mashed potatoe, Joanne had some Lemon pepper Haddock on spring leaf lettuse with garlic potatoes. The service was great, well worth going to, and surly we will be going back.


Ok now for training!

Update on my right calf tear and my left foot recovery..... both of my feet are having a battle, so I'm still walking around gingerly and like a penguin waddling. My right calf is still very tight and still a little swollen as well as my inside ankle. My left foot still hurts as I walk and stand for to long, still at about 80%

I did go to the gym yesterday, I did some weights and the elliptical again, I rode it for 2 miles keeping my HR at 160bpm with no stopping, and I felt good. I also tried the treamill and walked 1 mile at 3 mph, but holding the rail for support working my calf to get some strenght back in it, and I did stretch before and after.

This morning

I was rudely awaken early this morning by my wife. She got her car stuck at the end of our driveway,(yes it snowed again over night!) where the snow plow had plowed the road across our driveway, which was about 2 feet by 4 feet wide snow mound.

My wife thought she could drive over it, but she didn't make it. So she woke me up to get her un stuck. I shoveled out around the car and tires and tried to get it out, but the cars body was sitting on the mound. So I then shoveled out the mound in front of my car which is on the other side of the driveway where I park it and the plow plowed in. I then pulled my car out on to the street and backed into my wifes car to push her up the driveway to free her. I parked my car back in the driveway and shoveled the mound my wife car was stuck on out of the way so she could drive out and get to work.


I hate snow and snow plow's!!!...but mostly snow!!!

No comments: