Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vindicated myself sort of?

So with my disappointment with Saturdays bike performance, Sunday I went out on my bike and rode to Wasaga beach again for another 90kms.  I have to say it was a whole lot hotter, in the 90'sF with high humidex. Just the way I like it! But boy it was hot! I only took two bottles with me, one was my energy drink the other was just water, usually it's enough to get me there and back on a normal out and back like the day before, but as hot as it was I drank both bottles by the time I got to Wasaga beach. It's a good thing there is a public washroom and was able to refill both bottles up with fresh cold water.

I managed to ride the 90km in 3:12hrs  two minutes faster then Saturday, but with still pain in my hip/hamstring and butt. But at least I finished up with my180km ride  in total, sort of vindicating myself.

Yesterday I went for a recover swim at Centennial beach and was amazed at how much warmer the water was compared to Saturday! It had to be at least 10F warmer, I was even able to swim without my wetsuit. It's amazing how with wind direction, how much difference it makes with the water temp in the Bay.

Now it's time for me to get ready for the Barrie half marathon this coming Sunday. I really don't know if i will be able to run it? Or even put on a suffer-fest of a walk/run 3 hour attempt? I will decide on Sunday morning if I do it. Hopefully with my next visit to the chiropractor on Wednesday will help my hip enough to run.

:)

No comments: