Sunday, June 6, 2010

I didn't race

No pictures, no podium, no medal, no go! I got up at 4 am this morning to get ready to go to Milton to race the tri a tri, but when my alarm went off, all I heard was the sound of rain out of my bedroom window. It had been raining all night long steadily, and I was hoping it would stop by morning and clear up for the race, but when my alarm went off all I heard was the rain still coming down hard. At that time I got up and went to the washroom, then looked outside and I decided I didn't want to go so I went back to bed where Joanne said to me, aren't you going? and I said nope.



I think I really didn't go because I had to much on my mind. My mom called last night telling me Grampa isn't doing very well and his time is coming soon, so she wanted to know if we were going to see him? She wanted to make sure we see him before he dies. I told her I would be going after my race Sunday in the afternoon. But truth be known my mind was thinking of grandpa most of the night and I took it as a sign with all the rain that I shouldn't do the race in Milton, there will be other races.



The doctors at the hospital said all they can do for Grandpa now is make him comfortable. So this morning we all are on our way to visit Grandpa and hopefully make him a little happier being with him, comforting him, and showing him how much we love him, which I know he will appreciate.



My Grandpa Alex, in better day's...

No comments: