Sunday, August 2, 2009

My day down at the waterfront

I went down to the lake this morning to swim in the across the bay race, which is a 2km swim as swimmers swim it, meaning now wetsuits. I get down there and find out it was yesterday. Arrrrg. Oh well I had my camera with me and decided to take some shots around the waterfront as Kempenfest is going on along the waterfront all weekend long and mosey on down to the running room where some friends gather every Sunday for a run. Here are some of my pictures. .......


A little smile on the beach goes a long way!

Looking out over the bay. this is the beach where we have our Barrie triathlon swim at.

The carnival is set up on the beach parking lot at the end of our beach.
Our marina along side of the beach.


Looking down one end of the beach.
Looking down the other end looking toward the marina
Some of the tents set up along the path along the beach for Kempenfest.

The spirit catcher at the foot of down town on the water front. The knives swing in the wind and they say if ever the knives spin right around it's time to head for cover, as it's either a hurricane blowing though or a tornado!! lol

This is the beach at the base of down town Barrie, nice little pond and waterfall with a gazebo.

Our local micro Brewery Robert Simpson, you can go in and get fee samples, very cool.
Another shot from the main street store front.
People gathering in the running room before there Sunday run.
Gathering around outside the running room before there run.
This group walking to warm up before starting there 23km run
And there off!! running along the waterfront path before heading up town and into the county roads for a 23km run.



So that was it this morning for me. I went back home to put the finishing touches on my basement bedroom. :)

No comments: