Saturday, May 16, 2009

I've got a Secret!

I've been keeping a secret, and hoping for the best, but!!....

Now it's time to let my secret out.......

For a long while I have had problems with my right heel while walking or running. I think it has to do with my right calf that I tore a year and a half ago. Since I tore my calf and since it's been healed, I have had tightness in my calf. I think this tightness is what is causing my heel pain. The tightness is probably scar tissue in my calf muscle which is pulling on my tendon causing the pain in my heel. I have had a little heel pain for some time now, but usually I stretch out my calf and the pain goes away in my heel. I usually stretch out my calf before doing any activity, specially running and diving, but this week it's not working.

Well now I have major heal pain and I can't walk or run on it, and I have my Marathon in just 8 day's! It got worse after yesterdays long run (5k) it started hurting more then usual. After my run I stretched it out, then I went in my hot tub and put the jets on it to massage it out before going to work, by the end of my shift at work I was hobbling from the pain even wearing my orthotics.

When I got up this morning I couldn't put any weight on my foot/heel at all until I stretched it out, but it still hurts to walk. I have my foot in a boot now and hopefully in a few days the pain will go away with rest, stretching and ice.

As for my Marathon in 8 day's ????

At least I can still swim and bike still.

: )

No comments: