Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Tuesday and I've got five day's until the Ottawa marathon. I got an e-mail saying we meet up for the bus a 6 am Saturday at the waterfront, man that's early! I don't get home until 12:30am from work Friday night.

I spent the whole long weekend with my foot in my boot to rest it up, as well as stretching and icing and massaging. My foot is feeling better, until I walk on it for any length of time, then my heel starts hurting again. Come race day Sunday, I'll decide whether to try the race, not start, or just walk the marathon coming in under the cut off time just so i get my souvenir finishers medal.

The hell with it! I'll run as long as I can from the start, suck it up and walk off the pain and run some more to the finish! I'm not a quitter. and I'm not going to show a DNS, or a DNF!! so there! :p

My prediction of my run?...start out the first 10k split with 1hr, second 10k split 1hr, third 10k split 1.5hr last 12k 2hrs for a total of 5:30 finish. .....6:30 if I have to walk more because of heel pain.

No comments: