Friday, January 4, 2008

Back into the Swim

Yes!!...I'm back into the swim!..My rec pass was renewed thanks to a surprise deposit into my back account!! Woooo!

My legs are shaved and I'm good to go to the rec centre for another 3 months.

On top of that! the new rec center had it's grand opening today and will be running this weekend!! which will be great so I can finally check out the new diving boards!!...but the only problem is that I heard from the life guard at the pool today, is that they screwed up on the mounting of the board foundation brackets, so it will be a few more weeks until they get that fixed....DAMN!

Today I swam with a couple of interesting guys, Mark one of the top age groupers in 50-55 and the other being a pro R.J. Ross...I was talking with R.J. in between "sets "( Ha! ya me doing "sets" with R.J.? ... he was doing his in 1:10 and I was doing mine in 1:40 again ha! ) I asked him what races he will be doing? and if he will be doing Muskoka? he said he will be going to the worlds in Vancouver in June, so he won't be able to do Muskoka, but he will be racing as an age grouper. I asked why as a age grouper? he said, "I'm tired of everyone being pulled on the bike by me in the ITU circuit with allowing drafting "

I've known R.J. for a while, he always take the time to help me or anyone else out at the pool, which in my opinion make him a great guy. I asked him to critique my stroke, so he watched me and gave me a few pointers on how to get more power in my stroke, which i was looking for. But basically he said I have a solid stroke and i will get a lot faster if I dropped 50 or so pounds. I told him, I'm working on it. lol

After trying to keep up with R.J. for about 45 min, and doing what he suggested with my stroke, I have to say my arms where never so tired after swimming as they are now. I did a total of 15 x100s on 1:40s and another 200 kicks and 300 warm down. for a total of 2000m

It felt good. and now I have my motivation back knowing I can get to the rec centre to work out.

No comments: