Monday, May 21, 2012

First ride out to Wasaga

Saturday I rode out to Wasaga beach for  the first time this year, I couldn't ask for better weather! Clear blue skies little wind and balmy temps in the 80'sF.

The plan was to do a half iron distance training day, so I got up early, after only 6 hours sleep, remember i don't get home from work until 12 12:30am and don't go to bed until 1am usually.  So I set my alarm for 7am, the pool opens for lane swim from 7:15 to 8:15 so i figured I can grab a quick snack and get to the pool by 7:30 to do my 2000m swim.

I got up and looked around the kitchen for something to eat, i saw some mini tarts, one maple flavor and one lemon and downed them and off I went to the pool. I got lucky and there was an empty lane. I jumped in and started to swim....Bammm! 2000m in 35min, done!

I drove home and put my bike gear on and grabbed my bike and was off to Wasaga by 9am. As i was sailing along I'm saying to myself what a great day out! about half way out, not a cloud in the sky except for a X formed by two Jet planes jet stream and hanging over what looked like right over Wasaga beach. so i said to myself X marks the spot! lol

I reached Wasaga beach in 1:20 stopping at the beach front looking around for a few min and eating my stroopwaffles washing it down with the rest of my energy drink for the ride back.

The ride back was still smooth sailing with clear blue skies and a little wind, more like a breeze, but alas, the ride home was still against the wind, making my ride a little more difficult! But I still keep my pace up even with my hip hurting.

For most of the ride, Ok actually from the start of the ride my hip was hurting, I've been dealing with sciatica pain for over 5 months now and only recently have gone to a chiropractor to get it fixed, albeit, I've only had 3 sessions with the chiropractor, my hip and hamstring have been getting better, but it still hurts.

I reach my home and finished in a time of 2:50 over 85km, averaging 30kph,  I didn't do a full 90 k because that is all the road I had.? lol

In the end I had lots of energy and felt strong except for my hip hurting from my sciatica, so I decided I wasn't going to run any of the 7k loops I had planned to run for the 21k half distance, to do a full half ironman training day. Oh well! I still had a good training day!

:)

No comments: