Monday, March 28, 2011

Ultra 50 mile training plan

Here is a training plan Catherine Harding made up for me to follow which she guarantees will help me complete my attempt of the 50 mile run we are planning May 7Th. ...As I see it, it is a good plan to follow, Will I follow it? probably not, but I will use it as a guide line of what I should be doing. My problem is I just can't do all that running with my foot and knees hurting as much as they do, So I will just continue on with my "less is more" training plan in which I will do moderate running over the next 5-6 weeks increasing my distance to 20- 30 km as my longest Sunday run, some interval runs throughout the week for cardio as well as some swimming for cardio and weights for strength, and if all goes well I should have no problem finishing the 50 miler May7 TH Mind you, it won't be a speedy 50 miler, but I will do the distance just the same before the day is done! :)

Thanks for the training plan Catherine, I do appreciate it! :)

:)

No comments: