Friday, June 25, 2010

Welland Half Ironman

Well I'm heading down for my next race and my second half Ironman this season. I'm doing a new Half Ironman race with Mutisport tri series in Welland Ontario, which is near Niagara falls.
http://www.msctriathlon.com/ms/events/showEvent.cfm?showEventID=89


It will be a mass start and starts at 8:30am which is nice, so I can sleep in a bit. The course is flat and fast so I'm hoping for a better result then I did at Disney last month when I baked in the hot sun. the swim is in the Welland canal, then the bike route will take us out and back towards lake Erie on a flat as a pancake ride. The run will be around, over and out and back along the canal.

I packed all my tri gear and my camping gear as I will be camping out at a friends who lives a few km from the event site. I'm leaving from work tonight (friday) rather then going home, sleep a couple of hours and drive down 2.5 hours to get to the race venue to meet up with my friends who are racing the sprint and tri a tri and to volunteer for the day's races. Later in the day when everyone has raced we will be having a BBQ and camp fire back at my friend house and hopefully we won't be to late as I will need my sleep for Sunday's half Ironman race.

Hopefully I'll have a good race to report on.

No comments: